Sunday, August 29, 2010

102. Still Feeling Crummy

I went to church this morning, but I didn't stay for the special events afterward, because I thought it would be just too much.

My face is still a bit puffy and I feel pretty weak.

I did some stuff around home, including a little puttering in the garden, ironing and working on my recipe database. I also did a little exercising for my fibromyalgia, using the exercise ball and some light weights (2 lbs) & ankle weights. I dug out my cane from the bottom chest in case I end out needing it. The last time I needed it was last summer when the dizziness from my vestibular neuronitis was bad.

My head feels funny and I don't think my mental capacities are that great, so I still don't think I can work on this project, the autobiography, right now.

***

I just found out I got another deposit from what I think it Unemployment, but it's more than I've been getting by $50. I hardly know what's going on in the news, so I don't know if there was supposed to be an increase or how that works. It's not a very good way to manage finances, though, not really knowing what your income is. I think I'll be able to pay my car insurance bill this month though with that income, although it is going to be tight. I wanted to use a coupon for the Container Store to get some clothing bags to put my hanging clothes in (I have too many clothes for the small closet here, so I have one of those racks for hanging clothes on). The thing is that I'm sure that having those clothes out like they are is bad for the dust mite situation - my level 5 (out of 6 possible levels) dust mite allergy. But the coupon ended now, so I'll just have to get them when I can.

Really, I spend all my disposable money on health things it seems. I spent about $200 on a HEPA air purifier for the dust mite allergies, and the month before that I needed new glasses. And that's not to mention all the supplements I take, some of which make an incredible difference in my level of functioning.

So lately my only splurge items are little bits of fancy foods so I can be creative in my cooking. Every once in a while I might stop at Starbucks, but it's been well over a month since I've done that.

But before I moved here I wasn't necessarily this stringent with my money. I hope this health condition is just temporary (and nothing else new pops up) so that I can still work again, at least part-time, eventually.

***

I still have all these boxes of papers and files for my autobiography. I have piles of papers on the floor near my desk, a couple boxes and some books in the living room area, and another file drawer or 2 in the bedroom. So this project is staring me in the face every day and I won't forget about it. I'm just not up to it right now.

~Meg