Wednesday, August 25, 2010

98. Interruption, Continued (Again)

I'm still not feeling that great, but now that I've started on the methylprednisone I'm feeling a bit better. But it seems that between doses I start feeling crumby again, including facial puffing.

But I have been doing a bit of looking for those MIA articles, and I think I'll just have to let it go. If I find them it will just be a serendipitous success. I've looked everything I can think of, most places more than once. I must have pulled them out for some reason, since they're so apropos to my autobiography. Be that as it may, I feel that I can't justify spending the time to look for them.

One thing I did try is online through my public library card, and they have the one journal that I'm sure one of the articles came from, but not far back enough. Since my dad retired in 1990, anything relating to the present wouldn't be all that helpful for my purposes.

So then the other tack I've been taking is going online and trying to find something that way. So now I have too many tabs open and Firefox is acting up (that happens when I have to many tabs open).

I still am having trouble finding someone who can help me with dad's DCII report. The last place I called said that I should call the agency that issued it. The document is not classified, but they don't list any of this kind of information on their web site - regarding the fields on these reports or the agency code acronyms. I assume that that's not an oversight, but intentional, which means that they might not want to be too helpful. In any case, even if I were to get the basic information, they wouldn't tell me the significance of it. I have another idea to try, so we'll see.

I wanted to post this quote that I found on another web site:

***

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson (1743 – 1826), Third President of the United States and principal author of the Declaration of Independence

***

Well, you can just guess who Thomas Jefferson had in mind, but I'm thinking that in my case rebellion against the Vienna mission is a rather ironic fit. After all, the mission is supposed to be doing God's work, and but if the fit the description (if not exactly on the national scale) of "tyrants" then Thomas Jefferson, for one, would think that I was justified in not submitting very well. I didn't rebel very well, though, and Thomas Jefferson may not be the last word on this from a theological standpoint. Nonetheless, I liked the quote and wanted to share it for your consideration.

***

I have to go grocery shopping now because I'm out of my main dish for lunch, which is my main meal (like dinner for most people, at least in the USA). I'm feeling reasonably well after taking the steroid not long ago and the cooler evening is better for the rash as the heat aggravates it. So I should go out now.

~ Meg