Monday, August 23, 2010

95. Sick Again / Still

The story of my life, I just begin to think I'm going to get on my feet again, and wham, the carpet is pulled out from underneath me and I'm back at square one.

I told you, did I, that I thought I was about well enough to try to look for part-time work? Hah! I spoke too soon.

I just returned not long ago from the doctor's office and I was given an injection of benadryl and 2 prescriptions with instructions to see the dermatologist. I called the dermatologist this morning and left a voicemail message. At least I saw him not long ago, because he's a new doctor for me. They moved to a new office and the one I had now only works there once a week, so they put me with a new doctor. And I had to re-schedule my appointment again with the allergy doctor because I don't have enough money for the co-pay. There would have been a conflict with the PCP appointment, anyway, though.

Then they wouldn't let me have the shot until we figured out a way to get me home, because they wouldn't let me drive after having the shot. It would have been very easy if I had money for a taxi, but I don't. They were trying to figure out if there was some way they could arrange a ride, and I finally thought of calling my pastor, and it just so happened (!) that he was on his way to the general area where I was to pick someone up at the airport and it was fairly easy to swing by and pick me up. Was that a miracle or not? Thank you, God!

That does mean that my car is still in the garage by the doctor's office, and tomorrow I have to go pick it up, so I hope I'm feeling better for that. I only have enough money to pick up on generic prescription (which is $1.10 with my insurance), and I'll wait anyway until I have my car back. Maybe money will be deposited in my bank account tomorrow so I can get both prescriptions. The last one I picked up, though, was a generic prescription for my acid reflux and I put the money on the counter to pay, assuming it was the regular $1.10 and the pharmacist who was helping out at the register asked if I was going to pay for it, and I pointed to the money. Then he asked, "Why? There's not charge." It was sort of funny but I was grateful too. Anyway, I hope the benadryl shot today will at least keep it from getting worse so that I can take the bus to get my car tomorrow. Since I have a handicapped permit I don't have to pay for parking at county garages & parking lots, and this garage is a county one. So I don't need to worry about having a humongous bill for leaving my car there overnight.

I'm glad I was able to see someone today and they are treating it. I hope what they're doing helps.

I did ask if they had the flu shots in yet, though, since I just got over a 9-month virus, but it's too early for that.

Anyway, I don't feel well enough to try to do much on this blog right now. Sorry to leave you hanging like that.

~ Meg