Wednesday, August 4, 2010

29. Short & Sweet

This is just to say I haven't fallen off the edge of the planet or anything...

Yesterday was pretty busy ("busy" considering the limits put on me by my health condition). One of the main things, and somewhat of a stressor, is that since I'm living from disability check to disability check right now I'd run out of money and couldn't even afford my prescription refills until yesterday, when I got monthly deposit. I had to pay rent and then get the refills. But when I went to pick up the refills the computer communication with my insurance company was down. I was given a 2-day emergency supply, but my kitchen table was already taken up with the baggies that I use to portion everything (including a bunch of supplements - which also cost a bundle but are a tremendous help to my functionality) out for the week. It's so easy for me to make mistakes and when I get rushed I can very easily also forget to do or take this or that prescription or doctor-ordered health-maintenance activity. So I have to try to keep a routine as much as possible to limit errors.

I was finally able to get the prescriptions last night, but I was really wiped out and didn't quite finished. Then I had to go to BJ's and the Vitamin Shoppe today to pick up some other necessities... so much for my paycheck. I do get one other one later in the month too, though.

I'm pretty tired now too, but I've spent the evening going over some of my records and journals from the period I want to discuss here. I also have a list of things to discuss in the lead-up to Vienna (1987-1989). So I am working on it, but it's just a bit slow going here.

It's late though, and it takes me 1 or 2 hours to go through my bed time routine, and I haven't even started. So I'd better leave off for now...

~ Meg