Friday, February 17, 2012

313. Migraine & Current Events

I saw the neurologist yesterday and he wants to try a new medicine, which isn't surprising since I was pretty well maxed out (on about as high a dose as they give) of the one I was on).  It's the same medicine as one of the ones that helps me sleep for fibromyalgia, though.  So we're decreasing the medicine I've been on at the same time we're increasing that one (as needed).  I'm sort of skeptical about the prognosis of this one, but my physical therapist, whom I saw later in the afternoon, said I should give it a chance.  (Although she was skeptical about how much she could do with physical therapy for my legs, so techincally I could have turned the tables on her too - if the problem is neurological she can only do so much, though.).

The next few weeks could be a nightmare if this new medicine doesn't work, and if that's the case, then it might be a while before I'm up to serious mental work.

Today I got my new glasses.  My optometrist is on the south end of town where I lived when I first moved here in 2006.  I didn't think I was up to driving through the city, so I took advantage of the disabled transportation service here, which is like a group taxi.  I'm glad I did, but it took up most of my day.

Then I've been gradually working my way through the condo doing a deep cleaning, especially around the baseboards and window sills - I haven't done the windows yet.  It's going slowly because I don't feel well and everything is slow with me and I have various interruptions too.  Well, I was working on the dining room a little bit ago in the area where the patch of new floor was put in, where there formerly was a platform area.  And it turns out that some of the grout is already coming out!  So now that is one more thing to address in my complaints and that brings in another worker.  While I wasn't terribly impressed with the painting job of the painter, it wasn't bad enough to make a stink about, but the painter is the one who did this and this is something that most definitely would need to be fixed.  The other things that need fixing are from the work of the plumber/electrician.  I need to pull together all the concrete details and call the  Better Business Bureau, because that's the next place I want to try to see if I can get these things resolved.  I was hoping that the interior decorator and her company would help out, but they aren't.  I just feel so violated by these kinds of things and by the thefts, and on top of my being sick and not able to really adequately monitor things and I though that I was being sent reliable and trustworthy workers and neither the interior decorator nor the furniture store she works for seem to care at all about that, yet that's the main reason why I chose them because I thought they'd be more trustworthy.  Did I ever get that one wrong.  It really hurts though and I don't have limitless money and now that money that I'd spend on things that were stolen or work that was poorly done is more or less money down the drain.  So if you don't trust people you're paranoid, or if you do trust people you're a fool and get taken advantage of.

Well, I'm going to try to have people over Sunday after church.  I really like both cooking and entertaining, but I"m not much up to either so it's going to be a challenge.  I told them it's going to be simple - as in very simple, and I figure people should understand, that it's mainly about getting together anyway.   So it's a couple and a gal with 3 kids.  I'm having pulled beef sandwiches, which I'll start tomorrow.   And I'll have a sort of a molded coleslaw salad - being molded means you can make it ahead easier.  Then I'll have stuffed celery sticks and homemade tortilla chips.  The couple are bringing ice cream for dessert.  I haven't decided what to serve for drinks yet.  Anyway, the thing is that I can make it all in advance so that's what I'm doing tomorrow, and that's about all I'm doing tomorrow.

I guess that's all for now.  I'm really nervous about the migraine medicine change though.