Tuesday, February 14, 2012

312. Migraine Reprieve

I don't know how to describe this because from everything I've heard and read my 6-month headache is not like the typical migraine, but maybe there is a range as far as what is considered migraine and this is a less common type, I don't know.

Anyway, whatever it is, it's getting the better of me and although it's actually not the most serious of my ailments, it is the one most affecting my thinking and possibly even the most limiting altogether at this moment - the past few days.  The headache is only of moderate pain (although I am on 100 mg of topomax twice a day for it, so that's the pain level when I'm on that medicine anyway).  But it also affects my balance and my vision even sometimes.  And it just all around makes me feel crummy.  So I just don't feel up to doing the kind of writing and thinking this blog demands.

I'll see if I can get one of my doctors to increase my pain medicine.  I see my primary care doctor tomorrow, but she might defer to the neurologists.  I saw a neurologist today, but he hasn't been doing much and he mainly just wanted to not do anything until the heart issue was taken care of.  So the ball's in the other neurologist's court to increase my pain medicine if he's so inclined.  I saw him last week and at that time the headache pain was just starting to increase above what the current dose could handle but I didn't yet think it was bad enough to ask for an increase... but not I do.  And the thing is that the headache affects my fibromyalgia more than most other conditions too, so that's another concern as well.

Hopefully I can get this taken care of soon and I'll be back here in a few days.  It takes a couple days for an increase in the topomax to really take affect, so it'll be three days minimum, I guess, barring anything unforeseen that might bring me back here sooner.