Saturday, September 24, 2011

284. Good News!

I didn't start back into the articles yesterday because I began having more pain.  My current regimen, as far as tramadol (which treats my back pain) is concerned is I take 50 mg upon awakening, before breakfast, 50 mg. with lunch and 50 mg before bed.  This means that the largest gaps are between lunch and bed and between bed and awakening.  I've been having more pain in the evenings, bad enough to limit my activity, including anything that requires too much thinking because my pain is a distraction.  So I need to go back to taking my dinner dose.  I see my primary care doctor tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm in pain now (it's almost 10 pm), but I want to report on the condo issue.  After expressing my restlessness regarding the inaction of the bank making the short-sale decision regarding the condo unit I submitted an offer on, my lawyer contacted their lawyer about it and my realtor began looking again at the units available at the complex I'm pretty dead set on (the guards at the gate to the complex don't even ask for my i.d. any more!), and he found a new one, which also happened to be the cheapest (and not a short sale).  The pictures looked great and today we went to see it and it would require much less work to fix up. 

The asking price still was about $9k more than the short-sale unit, but picking up on some things the selling agent said though that the sellers might take significantly less than they were asking.  I offered verbally offered $70k and we agreed on $73, only $3.5k more than the short-sale!  And the fix up costs should be much less, so I might be able to afford to do the fancy steam shower jacuzzi in the master bath.  Although this is a bit of a luxury, it's also therapeutic for my ailments, so I think it will be an investment well spent.  Also, I found a make and model that fits in the usual bathtub sized space, so it should work out without a major bathroom remodel.  At least that's what I'm hoping.  The steam shower is also cheaper than many others, so it's not as much as what you might find on a quick search online.

I'm really achy now.  I was out all afternoon at the condo and with my realtor and was already getting in some pain towards the end.  It doesn't help that I haven't been exercising enough for my fibromyalgia, so I have to go exercise to get my fibromyalgia pain more undercontrol.  I won't feel the effects of exercising today until tomorrow though.  Believe me, though, it's not easy to exercise when your feet hurt and your legs aren't too steady either.