Saturday, October 29, 2011

285. No More Promises!

I've decided not to indicate intention to begin writing here, but just to do it.  That is, you'll know I'm ready to jump in again on this project when I actually do so, and not in advance.

My health has been a bit up and down, but I've avoided a crisis by putting a moratorium on lifting.  That includes bringing in groceries with a cart rather than in my arms.  I've been able to significantly lower my pain medicine, except for the neuropathic pain in my feet - which is treated the same way as fibromyalgia pain.  But the pain has increased a bit again and my legs/walking are giving me somewhat more trouble again.  And to top it off I've been getting headaches for the past 3 days, always later in the day.  Laying down helps so I can sleep without the headaches.  It feels like flu-type headache. 

The really big news, though, is that I found and bought a condo.  It's been mine now for just over a week and already the interior decorator has her folk at work on fixing it up.  I must say, though, that it's somewhat more expensive than I planned, so I expect my financial planner will not be happy.  I need to try to think of a way to earn some extra money (working around my health limitations).

I haven't been to church in ages.  The last time I went I sat the whole time and my feet were killing me so I had to leave early.  Pastor came by a couple weeks ago and said he might be able to pull together a couple guys to help me move the things that will be installing at the condo (ceiling fans/lights, slatwall, etc.).  I've been bringing one or two boxes over each time I stop by the condo.  There are a few things that are really too heavy for me to try to maneuver though, such as the 6 foot tall box of slatwall.

I guess that's the main news from here now.  I haven't abandoned this project, though; I've just had to put in on hold for a while.