Wednesday, October 6, 2010

112. I'm Still Here

This has been a rough few weeks, and I'm afraid it's not over yet. But yesterday I was prescribed more pain medicine so at least I'm a lot more functional now. We still don't know everything that's going on health-wise, but I had another blood test today and I have 3 MRIs this week. Here's what we have so far:

1. It appears that I have a pinched nerve in the cervical area. At least that's what the x-ray showed, although the MRI should provide more information.

2. Something is also going on in my lower spine, but it's not yet certain what. I'm having pain in both the cervical and lower spine and trouble with my legs (esp. the left one) and my left arm.

3. I still have the allergy thing going on and I have to get off my 3 allergy meds. pretty soon in preparation for my next appointment with the allergy doctor so he can see what the current status is vis a vis my allergic reaction.

4. My primary care doctor ordered a blood test (Alpha-fetoprotein-L3 percent) today that seems to be for cancer (see LabTestsOnline.com)

My finances are a problem too, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm having to cut back on some of my supplements. I've also been having some more chest congestion lately which has me concerned that the viral bug I had from mid Dec. 2009 to mid. Aug. 2010 might not be completely gone either. Then I keep coming up with new symptoms and I'm only relieved to find out their inconsequential (such as the bumps in my left armpit I found Mon. morning).

I feel like I'm falling a part, but my physical therapist assures me they'll put me back together again. As you can well guess, I've been pretty pre-occupied with health issues and just taking care of my basic chores and responsibilities, so working on this blog has become a lower priority at this point. The way things look now, though, I expect it's going to be a while before things settle down for me health-wise and I can resume my life story. But then, this is my life story too, just in real-time.

In the mean-time I hope you're faring better than I am!

~Meg