Saturday, November 26, 2011

287. Health (Again!) and Moving (Finally!)

My health took another turn for the worst again this past week, so I'm on tenderhooks.  We don't exactly know what's wrong yet, but it's something neurological that seems to be affecting a good part of my body and may be connected to the strange headaches I've been getting the past two months.  I'm supposed to rest this weekend and then try to get into the neurologist early next week.

HOWEVER (yes, that's a big "however"), I'm also moving this week and am here all alone with no reliable help.  So I have to somehow make it through this week without going into a major health crisis (one that puts me completely out of commission).  Fortunately, I'm pretty well packed except for the last minute odds and ends so I can afford the luxury of relaxing.

Today I had to be at the condo for the floor cleaners and I laid down in the car the whole time they were working.  Monday and Tuesday I have furniture deliveries coming to the condo that I have to be for, and also the telephone company is coming to set things up there, so I have to be at the condo for these things too.  Fortunately, Monday the sectional sofa and bed are being delivered, so I can lay down on those if need be and do the minimal of what I need to do for these various things to get done.

Monday could be a real challenge though.  I have to try to make it to the neurologist and then a few people from church are coming to take liquid things (soaps, cooking oils, etc.) and the like over to the condo.  These are things that mostly the movers don't carry and liquids are heavy, so it would be too much for me to carry all at once.  This could be a long day for me.

Wednesday is going to be the killer, however, and I could use mega prayers to make it through that one. While the movers are at my current place the cabinet people will be bringing the new kitchen and bathroom cabinets to the new condo.  When we arrive at the condo they'll be installing the cabinets while the movers are moving everything in.  I'm going to have them try to put all the boxes in single layers as much as possible to minimize my having to lift boxes to see what's in lower boxes.  Unpacking is going to be slow, for sure.

After I move there is still some things that will have to be done, such as some furniture to be assembled, the new steam shower jacuzzi (which I wanted for my fibromyalgia and other health issues and should arrive later this week) has to be installed, etc.  But at least I'll be there and if I have to I can drop the moving things and focus on health issues.  My health goal for this week is to manage to at least maintain where I am and not get any worse.  I hope I succeed.

I told my neighbor here that after I leave she's going to have to resort to soap operas for excitement!  In any case, she didn't argue against that suggestion.