Monday, April 11, 2011

236. Pre-Vienna Comments 8

I hope it's obvious to you that I haven't finished ferreting out everything from the previous posts, but I'm becoming more confident that enough of a foundation has been laid that I can begin to prepare more for starting the chronology. Tomorrow I have 3 appointments though, so don't expect much tomorrow. But I'll be starting to sort through everything so I have them in order - such as correspondence, calendars and other various and sundry "realia" as we say in foreign language teaching.

There is one other post I've been working on putting together, but I can't find one of the things I need for it. This post, when I find that piece, will be a break from all the heavy stuff, as it will include a lot of images and present a different way of looking at my life that way. But I may have to wait to do it until I find that one piece.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start turning my apartment into a document sorting factory in an effort to get all my ducks in a row. That's sort of my way of doing things - get all prepared and then when you have to actually do something it's a lot easier because of all the advance work that's been done. Some people, I've found don't understand or appreciate that approach and there have been times when I get a reaction like this: "Okay, already, just DO it!" At least I usually have some satisfaction that when I get around to doing it, it goes pretty smoothly. An example of this was a year and a half ago when I was in New England and pretty much single- handedly put on a big, traditional Thanksgiving. Now I've done this kind of thing before, but that was when I was healthy. At the time of the Thanksgiving preparation, I was just recovering from 6 months of vestibular neuronitis dizziness that I finally got diagnosed and went through a month of exercises to retrain my brain to understand my ear signals better (my left ear is overactive). And I also have fibromyalgia. With family coming from out of town I wanted to have everything all set up before they came. So I had to do a lot of advance preparation; for example I made homemade pumpkin puree and froze it about a month beforehand. Well, anyway, the day went off very nicely and no one was stressed out and there wasn't any rushing around or anything. So that's how advanced preparations can really pay off. So I'll start on my sorting in the next day or two and also try to find that other document.

Thanks for stopping by.