Wednesday, April 27, 2011

255. Returning Home

What a week! I was in Seattle a full week, but my other brother and his kids could only stay for 5 days. It was a very hectic 7 days, although my brothers handled the physical labor. Still, my mid-back pain has gotten worse and I had to call back to my doctors to try to get more pain medicine for it. So I'm back to taking more Tramadol, 5 mg pretty much every 4 hours. I've also had some numbness in my feet, which would be a neurological symptom and point towards the likelihood of my having another diskectomy in the not-too-distant future.

Anyway, the memorial service went well, as did the graveside. It's my job now to send notices to people who couldn't come to the memorial service, so I have all mom's address books for that purpose.

In one sense, mom's death isn't totally unexpected since she hadn't been well for some time, but none of us really expected it. It's better for her now, though, in heaven.

I think we were so busy just taking care of things that it still hasn't fully hit that she is gone. I'll pick up where I left in my text discussions in the next day or two though.